Fun Facts on Skin
Believe it or not, but the skin is the largest organ of the human body. The skin weighs about 8 pounds and cover an area of 18 square feet. According to studies the protection of the skin depends on various factors, the most important being your eating habits. Skincare.net quotes that skincare could not only be restricted to the type of skincare regime or the products we use, but also on exactly what things we are eating throughout the entire day. In fact, your diet is as important as the serums and the creams you apply on the body.
Diet and Relation with Skin
Whatever we include in our diet has a direct relation with the hormone effect of the skinand therefore it might result to causing of acne, or it might result in creating or lessening of inflammation which again has a direct relation with skin ageing.
Before we know more about the types of food that are good for our skin type, let us know something about the vitamins and minerals that acts as great skin boosters.
Skin Friendly Vitamins and Minerals
- Antioxidants: They are well known for working against free radical damage. They prevent the breakdown of collagen and retains skin elasticity to prevent the skin from ageing.
- Manganese: Manganese is a type of antioxidant that protects the skin against any type of damage caused by free radicals. It also supports the collagen production to retain the overall health of the skin.
- Fatty Acids: Fatty Acids helps in stimulating the skin cells health and hydration. It also increases the capacity of the skin cells to reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin A to C: The vitamins promote new skin cells growth and supports the protective skin barrier. They also protect from wrinkles by increasing the production of collagen.
- Zinc: This provides immense support to the skin support and repair system. It also regulates the sebum production of the skin.
Skin Friendly Foods that are must included in diet
- Avocados: Monounsaturated Fats are abundant in avocados in great quantities. These days help in keeping the skin hydrated. The Avocados are also rich in Vitamin A, D and E.
- Bell Peppers: It contains Vitamin A, C, E and folate which helps in New cell production. Bell Peppers are also rich in Niacin which speed up the rate of growth of the cell and potassium which helps keep the cells hydrated.
So, eat healthy to let your skin stay happy.